Friday, September 18, 2009

You Are What You Think About

Back in the day, before all this new thought and The Secret was out, I read several great books from Shambala books in Berkeley, California. I read “As a Man Thinketh So Shall He Be” in 1991. I also read “The Art of War”, “The Art of Peace”, “Message to the Blackman”, “Metu Neter”, and “The Philosophy and Opinions of Marcus Garvey”. All of these books that I read in 1991 made me know that you are what you think about. Action is tied to thought. Thoughts are tied to action.

The Honorable Marcus Garvey, my thought leader

Adisa Banjoko and I were voracious readers and subscribed to this mentality. People ask me, “Why The Underground Millionaire?” I am what I think about it and I am who I thought I was. My thoughts reverberate out into the universe. My thoughts synaptically connect to my like minded friends in Beijing, China, Israel, Brazil, Curacao, Oakland, Atlanta, New Jersey, New York, and Peoria, Illinois. Right now, people are reading this and come visit my site from Australia, Israel, Indonesia, Beijing, and Tokyo. I’m not kidding. I look at my stats every day and each morning at 5 am.

I wake up every day around 5 a.m. to start my wealth building and my millionaire mindset. Each day, I get a cup of hazelnut coffee, read the Harvard Business Review blogs, comment on the blogs, and check my Internet stats and start my business day. I work from 5 am – 9 am and then go for a 6 mile run. I am developing an application that I will sell for $3.8 – $15 million soon. Am I a millionaire? Most definitely. Am I successful? Most definitely. You are what you constantly think about and act upon. You can’t just think and not act. Action is the key piece to this thought process.

In the movie “The Secret”, the people magically thought about stuff but the film makers never tied the action into the thoughts. Thought without action is a dead man’s garden. I think, I do, I create, I put it out there. I risk. I persevere. I have patience. I wait. I act. I think. I do. I respond. I pitch. I measure. I sell. I think. I do. I put it out there. I risk. I have patience. I wait. I look. I see. I respond. I do. I love.

This action is the key to how to be successful in a forever turbulent world. A world where there is nothing left solid to believe in. A world where everyone is scared of losing a job and you can’t count on the recruiter to ever call you back. Ask me how I know. I live this world. Do I wait on this? No. I respond. I create. I do not sit idle waiting on my turn to be called. I am a quarterback. We wait for no man or woman for our success. You can bank on that.

Gerard Spinks, CEO, Spinks Industries

No comments:

Post a Comment