Thursday, September 24, 2009

Back in Session: Don't Stop Reading

Classes are back in session and we’re having a really busy term around here! We’re so excited about having our students back, and we just love the buzz of people in the halls around here. I’ve noticed that since school started my passion for reading has waned just a tad. Not that I still don’t love a great story- because I do- it’s just that I’m a little tired when my quiet reading time comes along and so I don’t really want to invest too heavily in long stories that need a lot of brain power. Instead, I want something light with a great narrative and larger than life heroes. I was bemoaning my lack of great reading material today when Chris, our new evening staff person, reminded me of our really great graphic novel collection.

I’m glad Chris is here, for lots of reasons, but tonight I was especially glad because he shook me out of the “too busy to read” doldrums. Now, I’m taking home a graphic novel called Green Arrow: The Longbow Hunters by Mike Grell. I haven’t ever read Green Arrow before, so I’m looking forward to the story. I’ll definitely post a review for you but the moral of my little post is:

Feeling too busy to read? Try visiting Chris, or any of the rest of the library staff, we’ll find something that will interest you just enough to make your reading time the best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment