Thursday, September 17, 2009

Starting Today...

Today I start reading the Dark Hunter Series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. This series was recommended to me by a friend of mine who has fallen in love with these books. She keeps tabs on all the up-to-date news and events that are happening with this author. While Sherrilyn Kenyon has many series this is my introduction into her work, and I hope that I can fall in love with her books like some of my close friends.

This author seems to be very popular in the eyes of her fans, and while I may not do her work justice. I will do the best I can to give her work an honest and objective review. It is important to remember that these comments and opinions that are expressed in this forum are simply a personal view. I have become a fan of this genre and have been itching to start this new series. I will try to post a new review at least once per week while I am reading her series, however other obligation may force me to abandon my timeline. I hope to read at least one book or more per week, and provide an honest take on my thoughts about the work.

I am starting at the beginning of the series with Night Pleasures, which has been out for quite a while. It is important when reviewing any series to always start at the beginning, even though the author does state that a new reader can begin with any book. The friend who has recommended this series to me has stated that I should begin at the beginning, and progress through the reading list.

Well wish me luck on this endeavour, and if I get a good response from this blog I will review her other series as well.

My Reading List for this Project:

  1. Night Pleasures
  2. Night Embrace
  3. Dance with the Devil
  4. Kiss of the Night
  5. Night Play
  6. Seize the Night
  7. Sins of the Night
  8. Unleash the Night
  9. Dark Side of the Moon
  10. Fear the Darkness
  11. Upon the Midnight Clear
  12. Devil May Cry
  13. Dream Chaser
  14. Acheron
  15. One Silent Night
  16. Dream Warrior
  17. Bad Moon Rising
  18. Scar and Souvenirs (to be released soon)

Related books that will also be reviewed here:

  1. The Beginning
  2. Fantasy Lover
  3. Midnight Pleasures
  4. Dark-Hunter Christmas
  5. Stroke of Midnight
  6. Second Chances
  7. Love at First Bite
  8. My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
  9. Dark-Hunter Companion
  10. Blood Lite
  11. Dead after Dark
  12. Infinity
  13. Dragonswan
  14. Invincible

This is a rather long reading list and will take some time to post a review for every book, but I will be posting the reviews in that order. I would also like to encourage fans of Sherrilyn Kenyon to express their opinions about each one of these books. In all fairness to the author, please do not reveal the entire plot, and give those who have not experienced this series a chance to take the journey themselves.

Happy Reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment