Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fire by Kristin Cashore~Review

I just finished Fire by Kristin Cashore, the author of Graceling. Boy was this book amazing. It’s apparently a prequel to Graceling but I don’t even care. You don’t even have to continue on with Graceling if you don’t want. This book stands by itself!

Short summar. It’s about this girl who has powers to read and control people’s minds. She is essentially a “monster” and other “monster” critters go after her. Eventually she gets tied up in the battles of the relm, and has to help find the spies and what not. All the while, she has to deal with the fact that she is indeed a “monster”. In the end, it does have a pretty happy ending.

Through out this book, you fall in love with the characters. You really get to know them quite well. It’s hard not to cry when this or that happens to one character or another.

The details in this book are vivid and amazing, along with the plot line. I couldn’t get enough of this book, and I had a hard time putting it down.

I personally fell in love with the characters and demanded the book to play out how I wanted it too. While it may of not played out exactly how I wanted to (it skipped some details I wanted) it did go the direction I wanted and predicted. Unfortunately, like one of my friends mentioned, this is a rather predictable book. For me  though, it’s the type of book you read because you know you know how the end is gonna be, and that’s why you’re reading it.

All in all, I fell in love with this book. I adored it. I love the characters. I love the plot. I love it all

I cannot wait to see what else Kristin Cashore comes out with next!!

Side note, this book doesn’t come out until October. If you’re a fan of fantasy and romance I would definitely go out and buy this when it comes out.

~Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment