Wednesday, September 16, 2009

<i>Daniel X: Watch the Skies</i> by James Patterson and Ned Rust

Okay, I was majorly disappointed with this book.  I loved The Dangerous Days of Daniel X.  It was wonderfully fun and hilarious.  Watch the Skies was neither.  Oh, I chuckled in a few places, but that was it.  There was no Wow Factor, no “OMG, did he actually do that?!” moments. 

Oh, and the supervillain was a bit of a cliché.  An electromagnetic catfish?  Can you get anymore cheesy?  More kitschy?  I know, I know, you’re wondering how that could be a cliché.  If you read the book, you’ll understand.  Maybe.  It could be just me.  I don’t know.

However, there is hope.  I read the excerpt to Demons and Druids in the back, and it sounded pretty good.  So, maybe, we’ll get back the outrageous hilarity of the first book in the third.

Rating:  2.75 out of 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment