Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tickle Me Pink!

I got home last evening after a long (emotional) day, and found something in my mailbox to “Tickle Me Pink!”...

Healthy Eating with Kelly Cookbook

Yay!!!

It was the cookbook I won in a contest a few weeks ago from (my seemingly long-lost BFF) Kelly @ My Healthy Passion.

I had no idea Kelly had even written or published a cookbook – so I was extremely excited and happy to participate – let alone win!

To provide a little background on the fabulous Author, Kelly has her personal training license from The American Fitness Training of Athletics (AFTA), and is a certified Nutrition Manager from The American Academy of Sports Dieticians and Nutritionists (AASDN). She writes in the book’s introduction:

“My passion is to show people that healthy living can be a lifestyle that is obtainable and not a sacrifice…eating healthy is easy, fun, and, best of all, it can taste REALLY good!”

True story Kelly!

Her cookbook (now mine! hah) includes: Appetizers, Salads, Vegetables and Side Dishes, Main Dishes, Meatless Dishes, Breads and Muffins and Desserts.

What I really like about it is that it contains a nutritional breakdown of each recipe listed, substitiutions for ingredients (i.e what can you use if you don’t have butter or chocolate squares in the pantry?), equivalents (i.e how many ounces of cheese = a cup), a description of various herbs (nice!), and a glossary of common cooking terms (now I finally know what “braise” means haha!).

As well, for those who are perhaps “going green” or looking to save money, there are some great “recipes” for common household cleaning subsitutions listed at the end of the book, from cleaning your countertops to your oven or sinks!

I love this Kelly!

Thus far, I have my eye on a Chicken Enchilada Casserole, Black Bean Burgers, Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins and Pumpkin Raisin Cookies…:)…and those are just the beginning!

LOVE IT!!!

HUGE THANKS TO KELLY!! Please check out her Blog if your interested in her cookbook or just reading her good vibes :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now, as an aside, a few questions pour vous:

1) Do you enjoy cookbooks? What is/are your favorite(s)?? ;

2) What usually “sells you” on a cookbook? (Recipes, Presentation, Nutrition, popularity,etc.);

3) (and – this has nothing to do with cookbooks – hah :) – but: Any recommendations on a good writing Laptop – portable, economical, efficient, lovely! ??? (and how long do laptops usually “last” for???…)

Peace & Love To You All :)

(P.S – To those on Blogspot – I can’t comment at all – it hasn’t let me the last few days…:( )

 

[Via http://eatmovelove.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment