Friday, February 19, 2010

Infinite Field Book Club

For the past several months, I have been contemplating starting a book club for The Infinite Field Magazine. I will be honest that I was pretty reluctant in the beginning to even have book reviews in the magazine. Blame it on the…Terri Lee-Johnson got me into this…It was ALL her idea! LOL!

It’s several months later since we started the doing book reviews and this section really has added so much to the magazine. It’s given us a way to connect with so many wonderful authors and truly opened the door for some pretty amazing opportunities. You guys, TIFM readers, are avid readers and highly intellectually evolved beings so it’s really quite intuitive for us to have book reviews each month and to begin a book club. And it has been our pleasure to share books with you that are spiritually relevant and ground breaking in their subject matter and have a unique yet strong audience appeal.

I feel like it’s time for TIFM readers to connect with the author and the books that we review.  A LIVE book club event would definitely give us the opportunity to spend time with the author and to ask some of our deepest and most nagging questions!  Who’s book have you read recently that after reading it you thought to yourself, “If I could ask the author one question, it would be…” Well, the Infinite Field Book Club would give you, the reader, the chance to do just that!  To me, it’s the CHANCE OF A LIFETIME…

So I have been searching for an author who would be our first book club participant. I’ve got a laundry list of items that I think our first book club pick should BE in order to really have an impact and connection with TIFM readers. The book and author should be “visionary” in nature, compelling, strong read, and simply interesting. So I’m on the hunt for a book for our first book club meeting, but not just any book. I’m looking for something SPECTACULAR!

I’m on the hunt and I’ll keep you posted so stay connected!

If you got some ideas about what and/or who the FIRST TIFM book club pick should be, leave your comment below!  I NEED to hear from YOU!

Namaste

[Via http://infinitefieldnews.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment