Monday, January 11, 2010

Book Review (1) Her Fearful Symmetry - Audrey Niffenegger

I’m going to post my thoughts on the books I read here this year.  I’ve been keeping track of the books I read for a long time, but have only started actually making notes on them in the past few years, on 43Things and Good Reads.  I also keep track of all the movies I watch.  I’ll post about those, too, I guess.  But maybe only the new ones and the ones I really like, since I seem to watch 100+ movies a year and read between 40-50 books.

Consume much?  Oui.

I found this book quite engaging. Interesting group of characters engaged in an interesting situation. It could have used a bit more development of some of the conflicts, and needed MUCH more conflict development around the biggest decision that is made toward the end. (Trying not to spoil it for anyone.)

If you do hit that point where you find a character’s decision implausible, I’d urge you to push through to the end, because it’s worth it.

If I were a filmmaker, I’d have rushed for the rights to this, because I think it can be made into an excellent film while addressing my issue with the plot.

All said, I’m glad I spent the hours with this book that I did.

See more progress on: Keep track of all the books I read in 2010

[Via http://anygivensundry.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment