Friday, August 21, 2009

A Thousand Splendid Suns, Khaled Hosseini

I started reading this a couple of days ago. It’s very politically educational.  As did Hosseini’s Kite Runner, I am carried away into the lives of the Afghans. The struggle, the horror, the pain, and the love that exists is strong. Politics are clarified for me, but still confusing. I’m about to begin looking up information about Afghan history, not because I want to understand the book better, but because I want to understand Afghanistan’s history. From rising above  Soviet domination to turmoil within their own country…this book is the life of two Afghani women whose lives are difficult (an understatement), and whose lives seem to complement each others.  Hosseini has a way of getting readers to connect with characters, to give them a great amount of depth and therefore, from me, a  great deal of empathy.

[Via http://rrleonard.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment