Saturday, August 8, 2009

Alibris.com for great book deals

While eBay can be a great place for deals on books, it’s frustrating to get outbid on a book you really wanted. However, I’ve found a great place to find books of all kinds. It’s www.alibris.com.

Alibris works like www.amazon.com, but you get better deals. You type in the author, subject, title or keyword into the search engine and it brings up all the books that meet your criteria. Then you simply refine your list down in any number of ways that are offered. The selection is great. Alibris advertises that they have 100 million new and used book titles for sale. You can also find CDs, DVDs, records and videos, though I haven’t used it for this yet.

You’ll need to compare entries. Some books are the same price so you need to look at the details to see if they differ in any discernable ways. If you have any questions make sure you ask the seller.

I’ve gotten some great deals at the web site. Right now, I’m searching for a couple books by Douglas Brinkley. It looks like I can get them for $1.99 apiece plus shipping. I still have to check to make sure they’re not remaindered books or book club editions, but so far, I’m looking at a better deal than I expected.

Also, once you have an account, you will occasionally get e-mails with special offers. A lot of them work out to be 10 percent off deals, which makes a great deal even better.

Alibris has recently started accepting Paypal.com payments, which makes it only easier for me. I also like that I can make one payment for all my books even if they are from different sellers. And if you do get something you didn’t expect, all of the sales carry a money-back guarantee. Check it out the next time you need a book.

[Via http://jimsbookblog.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment