Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thursday Chat

Converting Blogs to Books

I was really excited  to find out there are several ways to convert a blog into a book  (click here  and go to suggestion #3.  This article also has some great ideals on  how to save your kid’s art and other projects. ) I’d love to customize and create a book for each of my boys from my blog posts and it’s spurred me on to post more about our daily lives.  BTW ~ stop on over and visit  Renae ; her blog is great!

A Neat Find

I found a really neat offer from Sam’s Club and Kraft  Foods ~ a two week menu plan meals and for Sam’s Club member’s…a chance to create your own cookbook for FREE!

The Saga of a Tween and Pre-Tween

Our boys have shared a bedroom for years and normally they get along great. Lately though,  with my oldest son progressing to being a tween and our youngest, wishing he was a tween ~ they’ve been having a little friction.  We had a family meeting last night and we all decided it was time for them to have their own space.  I thought it would be the weekend when we moved everything but the boys were so excited they wanted to do it last night.

What did we do for family night last night?  

We cleaned, organized and moved furniture. We arranged and re-arranged furniture and left the boys to dream of how they are going to “create” their own spaces.  Both boys are tickled purple!   It’s great to see them finding out who they are and expressing their own individuality.  Still, it’s a little scary….Aaron and I aren’t sure yet that we’re ready for the tween/teen years!

Another Great Book for Summer…

Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford

(click on the book title to read the book review)

This is a really good book and I urge you to put it on your summer reading lists.   This book is very well written, an excellent read and it left me with a lot of questions and unsettled feelings (which personally tells me it was a very good book!). I’ll definitely be researching that period of our US history to learn more about it and it’s effects on our American Japanese citizens.

No comments:

Post a Comment