Sunday, May 31, 2009

Big week

So there was a lot going on this week, besides me being up really late and getting sick. Again (cold!)!  Earlier this week, I brought Nate to the gym with me. The gym has daycare as one of the ammenities. Basically, they have two or three grandmotherly types in a daycare type of room, with lots of toys and music. I sign him in and out and only I can do that. He can stay there for up to two hours while I work out in eithe ra class or on the floor. This wasn’t the first time that I attempted to do this with Nate. I did it once when Nate was probably around 6 or 7 months old – he wasn’t really all that mobile yet – and I had brought him to another one of the franchises and I wasn’t too impressed by it. It got crowded quickly and the lady that was in charge seemed really overwhelmed really easily. 

I was pretty nervous about dropping Nate off, also, because during the last few weeks, he’s been really clingy and suffering from a lot of separation anxiety when I dropped him off at daycare. And daycare is where he’s supposed to be comfortable, so why would he be settled in when dropping him off at the gym daycare?  I thought he would freak out and I wouldn’t be able to leave him or get on a piece of equipment or I would be able to leave him but the daycare folks would be paging me within minutes.  But neither happened!! He totally took off running when I put him down – he saw a bunch of toys that he really wanted to play with and it’s as if I was chopped liver.  I got to work out – no problems.

So, after having Nate, I had Mirena put in as birth control. And I got it removed last week also.  It was easier to have taken out then to have it put in, that’s for sure. Unfortunately, this means dealing with a monthly visitor again. ::sigh::

I have a few new reviews up for your enjoyment:

  1. The Moment Between by Nicole Baart can be found here.
  2. Jack’s Shop by James Herndon can be found here.
  3. The Pursuit of Happyness starring Will Smith can be found here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment