Wednesday, November 4, 2009

[REVIEW] Three Days to Dead - Kelly Meding

Kelly Meding

Three Days to Dead (Dreg City, Book 1)

Random House Dell (US & CA: 24th November 2009)

Buy (US) Buy (UK) Buy (CA)

Evy Stone regains consciousness in a different body in the morgue. But this new life has a time limit: three days. Before the clock runs out, she has to find out to whom her new body belonged, how Evy herself died, and all the events that led up to this countdown. Extending her lifetime would be nice, too.

My attention waned whilst reading this, likely my own eejit brain’s fault. Though if I could find fault with the novel…It’s an awesome premise, but the execution of it isn’t quite right. A Hunter as a lead character. Number of different paranormal species. (Remind me to explain my crackpot “kitchen sink” theory someday.) Workplace romance. Dreg City nowhere near as interesting as First Break.

And First Break is fabulous, with a freaky, original journey to get there. And another kind of transportation in the novel is pretty awesome, too, because of the way it came about – thanks to the author’s intriguing world-building and plotting.

So if your attention span is better than mine (and undoubtedly it is), you should enjoy this more than I did. I’ll be cursing my brain in the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment