Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2009's Last Release...

Hi Everyone!  I’m all rested from this weekend’s festivities.  I attended my second Eternal Press launch party and–believe it or not–this one was even more fun that the last (my first)!  No kidding.  It was a blast!!!! In October Eternal Press instituted a new feature:  Author Live Chat, which takes place every launch day now.  I admit, I was a little apprehensive about the live chat because my last foray into hosting a live chat met with less than stellar results.  I had 4 chatters!  Oh well.  I did say it was my first *and* I hadn’t done my homework like promoting it or inviting folks.  So it’s my own fault that the turn out was small. So, when the time rolled around for me to attend the launch day live chat, I went with a bit of trepidation.  All the worrying was for naught!  It was well attended and I had a blast.  I shared my time with fellow author J. Rose Allister.  She’s the perfect partner for a live chat.  She’s got a wonderful sense of humor and shared some great excerpts from her new release Their Secret Paradise. If you’re ever around on the 7th of the month, stop by the Eternal Press website and take part in the Author Live Chat!  You won’t regret it! Okay…my final release of 2009 is That Taste of Orange.  While I was involved in the Author Live Chat, Seriously Reviewed showed up and announced she’d just posted a review of my release to her site.  Here’s the review: There are times in most marriages when we let life get in the way of the relationship. Times we worry about the little things instead of what should be more important. This tasty little treat is brimming with a couple in love who have hit the end of their rope. Stressed out by a business that is booming, their love seems to have fallen by the way side. Fortunately a little Holiday spirit might be just the thing to put them back in the spirit of love. I have read several works by this author and have to admit that I keep my eyes peeled for anything with her name on it. Congrats on another release Ms Patterson. Here is wishing you many more To read the entire write-up click here. Here’s a little excerpt to tempt you into buying the book!    “We have an order for an orange fondant cake with a layer of chocolate-orange velvet cream in the center. I need a bottle of orange extract from the Food Depot and a bottle of Amade ChocOrange liqueur from the Wine & Spirits shop.” “There’s a bottle of Amade in the pantry.” “No, I used the last of that several weeks ago.” “For what? We haven’t had an order for that cake in a couple months.” “I used it for your birthday cake, Sabrina.” How had she forgotten that? It was the nicest thing he’d done for her in eons. “I’m sorry. I wasn’t thinking.” Chas was silent so long she was certain he was either counting to ten to avoid slamming back at her or he was gathering steam so he could let her have it. He surprised her. “I thought it was an unforgettable cake, Bri. Remember what we did with the icing?” Sabrina laughed. “That’s something I don’t think I’ll ever forget. We didn’t leave the bedroom all weekend.” A deep rumble greeted her as a response. “Lucky for me your birthday was on a Friday.” “Yeah, and do you remember talking to Pastor John about why we were late for Sunday school?” “I do. I also remember that his lesson that morning was about the importance of the physical side of marriage.” “And I recall you bringing that up once we got home, too.” He laughed. “It worked, didn’t it? We spent the rest of the day proving that lesson.” “That was a very good cake.” “It led to a lot of good, uh, things.” That Taste of Orange…available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment