Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Crazy Love

I finished Crazy Love by Francis Chan on Sunday evening. I must say, it might be one of the best books that I have ever read.  It is a challenging book for people in ministry, but especially just for Christians.

God loved us so much to send His son to die. That’s crazy enough. But this is the same God who created everything we see. And out of all of this – he paid attention to…US! That’s crazy.

The challenges throughout the book are phenomenal. From lukewarm Christians to taking advantage of the moments that we have to make a difference for the name of Christ – it’s a challenging book. 

If you haven’t read it, you need to BUY it right now. I don’t say that lightly either. I used to hate reading, but this book has made a huge impact on me. Buy it. Now. Go to Amazon. Go to your bookstore. Go somewhere, and buy this book. You won’t regret it.

This book is also inspiring a new series on Wednesday night talks with the youth group from me. I’m telling you, it’s that stinkin’ good. 

In other news – I finished book number 5 last night since September 19. That feels pretty awesome.  I also started book number 6.

Let’s review:

  1. One Thing You Can’t Do In Heaven by Mark Cahill – good book on sharing your faith
  2. Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey – proven book on how to manage your finances 
  3. What’s So Great About Christianity by Dinesh D’Souza – deep book on Christianity vs. atheism
  4. Crazy Love by Francis Chan – the stuff
  5. Serious Times by James Emery White – a look at our culture and how Christians should live within it

Number 6 that I began last night is a book that I actually began back in May and then got lazy when it came to reading. No Perfect People Allowed by John Burke. It was recommended to me by my mentor in youth ministry who is an avid reader. The first 50 pages are solid and challenging.

So, that’s what’s going on in my neck of the woods.  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment