Sunday, April 26, 2009

Wendy Alec's "Chronicles of Brothers"

Wendy Alec is a founder of GOD TV alongside her husband Rory Alec. Recently, the second book of her trilogy “The Chronicles of Brothers” came out, called “The First Judgement- Messiah”.

Alec takes an interesting perspective on the events of the Bible by telling the story of humanity from the viewpoint of the three Arch-angels Gabriel, Michael and the fallen Lucifer. The first books tells of Lucifer’s fall, the second of Calvary, the third- I am guessing- will focus on Armageddon.

I have to say it was the first book I read without putting it down in three years. Alec manages to give her characters more credible depth than most who authors hit the best-selling lists. Her style is permeated with colour and impressionistic descriptions of her fantasy worlds and its creatures. She knows how to keep her story from becoming boring, and particularly the psychology of Lucifer is an original read.

Though I  disagree with some of the theological points she brings across, I doubt that her readers take her fiction literally, and the Jesus she portrays is not unlike the person I know him to be. The book is enjoyable and definitely not a waste of time. I give it 4/5 for her vivid descriptions and bright, empathic language.

No comments:

Post a Comment