Monday, April 27, 2009

Ironside: A Modern Tale of Faerie

OMG. And just when I think Holly Black can’t get any better than the amazing story she told in Tithe, I find myself yet again amazed! I love the different relationships involvedi n this story. And the eventual close relationship that Val eventually has with Luis (one of my favorite characters in fiction to date).

Holly pulls no punches. This is an in-your-face novel, and if you’re squicky about faerie violence, Holly’s Modern Faerie tales ares not for you.

I can only expect even better, as I sadly journey into the final book in the Modern Faerie Tale series. i guess I’ll have to settle for reading the Spiderwick novels. At least then, I’d still be in the same universe, at least.

So. to sum up this review: Dramatic, Violent, Moving. All things Holly Black has come to represent for me, and I look forward to reading much more from this amazing writer.

(I am sorry this is late, but I just realized I never posted it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment