Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Seedling pearls

This review may come as a bit biased.  I’ve never read anything by MFK Fisher that I wasn’t absolutely delighted with.  So it will come as no shock, I’m sure, that I’d highly recommend the tiny tidbit that is Consider the Oyster.  Fisher has considered the oyster, to rather great extent in such a slim book, and each word I read made me wish for the Milford Oyster Festival, where I first slurped down a raw oyster.

Even if you’re not a seafood or shellfish aficionado, though, pick up this book.  It’s  a quick, entertaining read.  The chapters are short, succinct, and succulent morsels, fat with recipes, ramblings, history, science, and more.

I have now considered the oyster, and found it to my liking.

[Via http://eatenword.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment