Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mein Kampf: A Book Report

 

¨What’s in a name? That which we call a rose

By any other name would smell as sweet.”

William Shakespear

“I can fight only for what I love, love only what I respect,

and respect only what I know”

Adolf Hitler-Mein Kampf

Obviously the former has to do with the latter. Although Hitler´s Mein Kampf is considered to be the Nazi Bible and is banned to the extent where owning and trading a copy is illegal in various countries, it has also been retracted in various others due to it´s racist content and the historical effect of Nazism, this does not diminish the merit of the work.

Now here is where my understanding of the book and controversy becomes antagonistic. Mein Kampf was published in 1925, for all intents and purposes I´m only concentrating on Volume 1. Hitler´s commentary in regards to Sparta is made in 1928 where it may have suggested a prediction of genocide as well as an amplification of documented ideals, I´m not pretending to advocate mass carnage OR excusing the subsequent years to publication OR discussing successive publications, Volume 2 or the ¨Second Book¨

In reality all that I gathered was that it was an autobiographical account of military experience, a bystander´s opinion in regards to logically assessd failures of the current government and any revolutionary attempts, a witnessed account of the suffering of a nation, an allegation as to who was responsible based on observation of society, and besides SPECIFIC quotes being applied logic, in my opinion they were solely based on social Darwinism defined as ¨social theories derived from evolution¨ The ¨purity¨ factor is eugenics “the study of, or belief in, the possibility of improving the qualities of the human species¨ based on ancient culture and philosophy, although not a matter of my own opinion, it is argued with historical fact queued to ones interpretation of history and in no way suggests the famous ¨Final Solution¨ . Also not only is Aristotle´s theory regarding Sparta corroberated By Volume 1, as an equal amount of emphasis is placed on education as well as militarism by various quotes provided by the work, but a recipe for nationalism is proposed based on healthy social conditions regarding the education of the individual. According to court ruling as well as later distribution during Hitler´s Reich the book is characterized as propoganda.Politically related quotes can be interpreted otherwise out of context

¨Adolf Hitler Nazi leader Germany IQ 141¨

http://www.archure.net/psychology/IQs.html

If you require any clarification of any of the topics I have addressed such as the specific quotes I am refering to,the merit factor, the court decision regarding propaganda and or censorship, the refrence to Sparta and Aristotle, eugenics, or social darwinism I´d be happy to provide the information as it was included in my original article and extensively elaborated how I reached my conclusions attacking documented authenticity. Also if for any reason my political OR religious beliefs OR my nationality are to be scrutinized for posting commentary in regards to a literary work I´d be more than happy to oblige. Any commentary is welcome, whether negative or positive I do not advocate censorship and my response is guaranteed.

No comments:

Post a Comment